lunes, 19 de octubre de 2015

Formal letter writing

LETTER WRITING
Whose responsability is to prevent crime? Write a letter to the editor explaining your views. Give specific examples of what people can do to protect themselves and their neighbours
-Start your letter with "Dear editor"
-Follow the plan on page 93
-Use "Useful expressions":

  • Introductory comments 1
  • Agreeing 3
  • Explaining you views 2
  • Claryfing 2


Dear editor,
I am a resident of Adrogue. I heard the incidents of robbery have been rising. In my opinion, the responsibility to prevent crime is from the gobernment and police officers. That is to say, they should do more things to prevent crime.
There are many things they could do. I fully agree that responding to crime quickly would prevent many crimes. I also fully support installing cameras on the streets, preventing car theft. I am in agreement with organising conferences. That is to teach citizens how to protect their homes, tell them to have alarms and sensors, get railings, avoid taking out the garbage at night, avoid talking to strangers an organize groups of neighbous to prevent burglaries. I don't agree with hiring patrols on foot and cars because there are patrols already in the streets but the crime continues rising.
Finaly I believe there are many posible ways of reducing crimes rate and thatthey should be done.
Sincerely,
Cate.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario